You will be surprised by the gamut of vacationing options available here. The vista unfolding before you is one of a beautiful country with its rich traditions and exciting landscape. The friendly people beckon you to visit and have a taste of the variety on offer.
But before you sort out your travel plans, make sure that you heed Iran travel tips which are essential when you go around the country. These tips will be handy when you travel Iran. There are also plenty of Iran travel packages which you’d better take advantage of if you want to spend your time in a worthwhile way.
Handy Tips for the Visitors
Since Iran is a vast country with many potential sight-seeing places, you need to map out your travel itinerary well in advance keeping in view the fact that it is a relatively unknown country. You must keep in mind the emotions of the local people and the etiquette that is to be expected from you while visiting the country.
- Environment: The Iranians live in a very healthy environment. You need not be afraid of catching any dangerous diseases here. The government observes great caution in safeguarding the life of its citizens from harmful diseases. People are also aware of health care points for themselves.
- Food: You can avail various Iran travel packages for your vacation. These packages will include your food too. They will take you to notable restaurants where you can have the best dishes in Iran. If you are a vegetarian, you can specify this in advance to your travel guide who will take care of your food requirement accordingly.
- Travel: If you heed the Iran travel tips, you will never face any trouble during your stay in Iran. While going from one place to another on your travel itinerary, you will go through small towns and villages. You will see the culture and the heritage of the country through the eyes of the local people. The Iran travel packages will take you through the length and the breadth of the country.
- Dress: You will notice that the Iranians are generally dressed to cover their entire body. This is as much a show of decency and also to safeguard against the hot sun beating down on Iran. Men could wear short-sleeved shirts, but it’s not recommended as you will suffer from sunburns. Therefore, it is advisable to cover your arms like many Iranians do while traveling.
- Tourism season: The best time to visit Iran is from March to May and again from September to November. You can also relive the charming atmosphere in the Persian Gulf islands during January and February. These are called the high seasons of tourism. In other months of the year, in some areas, there will be very hot or very cold for those who aren’t familiar with such extreme weather conditions.
- Communication: Although there are phone booths around the big cities where you can make domestic calls, you can buy chargeable sim cards to use your cell phones here. Tourists can brings their cell phones and use them inside Iran if their service providers have made contracts with Iranian telecommunication organization like many others. However, there are many internet cafes which will allow you to use the internet both inside and outside hotels.
- Credit Cards: This is one of the very important Iran travel tips. There are not enough hotels or shops who can accept credit cards due to the sanctions. It is always advisable to keep cash handy while going around Iran using Iran travel packages. You can purchase any souvenir using US Dollars, Euro or Iranian currency, Rials.